William Scott Fairwell (who goes by Scott) was born on July 9th, 1996 as the third child in my family. I remember when my parents brought him home, even though I was only 4 years old at the time. At first I was fascinated by this new little person in my house, but soon grew tired of all the attention (and consequently the attention I lost). Sure, I loved him, but only as a little brother who was too young to do anything fun or important.Growing up, Spencer and I were always really close, sharing adventures, going exploring, bugging our parents, and concocting crazy business endeavors. Scott sometimes tagged along, but he was always too little, and we didn’t want him there to screw things up. Thankfully, Scott wasn’t offended, and continued to live life as a happy-go-lucky kid. He always was the peacemaker in our home, and rarely did he ever get angry. I wish I would have realized and appreciated this about Scott earlier. It wasn’t until I was about 15 or 16 that I really began to bond with Scott. Around this time, Spencer started to go out more, and hang out with – or even talk to – me less. I was sad about losing my friend, but Scott was there to comfort me. We soon shared inside jokes, blasted music together, wrestled, laughed, and asked each other questions. I learned that, although he may not earn top grades, he really is a smart kid! And if you want a good wrestling match versus a 120-pounder, Scott is the guy to go to. He’s only a couple inches taller than me, but he is way stronger; he can completely control me with only minimal effort on his part (and I considered myself pretty strong!) But most importantly, Scott’s just a friendly person. If I come into his room and ask him to tag along on an errand, he usually will oblige, even if he’s busy. If I walk in and see him watching a TV show I find boring, he will change the channel to a show I like but he probably finds boring. And that’s just the beginning! He is such a sweet kid, and I can’t believe how fast he is growing up! It’s crazy to think that he is already 13 years old.
Today I consider myself quite different than that 4-year-old who was there when they brought Scott home (thankfully!). I now am pretty close with all four of my brothers and my parents, and I am extremely thankful for the relationships I have with them. But Scott’s friendship is one of the strongest bonds I share. I love that kid to death! I hope that we will always stay close friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment