Sunday, February 21, 2010
Rebecca Johnson
Rebby, Reb, Ebeccra, Reebs, Aunt Rebby. Our sister, cousin, friend, daughter, granddaughter, and aunt. Just like her many roles and nicknames, Rebecca is a girl with many dreams. She is busy being the best mom she can be to little Ezra, who never lets her rest as long as he's awake. He's her pride and joy. When they are apart she's working as a teacher and adviser to the troubled youth at a local alternative school or tutoring young children. In her spare time she dreams of opening a community kitchen where she can help people from all walks of life enjoy fresh, homemade, local food in a stimulating and creative environment. Rebecca also keeps busy training for her second half triathalon. She loves the swimming leg the best, but she's pushing herself to do the running as well.
Even though life brings many challenges, Rebecca manages to keep a cheerful, positive attitude and encourage those around her to do the same. She always keeps moving forward. she inspires people to believe in themselves and she never gives up on people or her dreams.
I love having Rebecca and Ezra six blocks away, and my girls can't wait to spend time with her anytime they can. This summer Rebecca and I canned endless piles of apples together for two whole days. Hard work, but definitely one of my best memories of the year. It's not hard to have fun when Rebecca is around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so happy you guys get to be near each other. I'll be honest...I do get jealous sometimes but I'm happy for you guys.
ReplyDeleteWe love you!
BTW-- It's a FULL Triathlon this time!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks H-- I love you. And L-- i wish you were six blocks away too!
I can't even imagine doing a triathlon...I would rather keep running than add those other parts in! Good luck!
ReplyDelete