Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mary Belnap Johnson

By Lindsay Blackford

Mary married into our family in May 2004 while I was on my mission. Ryan met her while going to school at BYU Idaho but she is actually from Boise as well. She is the youngest of 6 kids- all girls and one boy. Her brother is just older than her so she shares the protective older brother thing with me. While I was gone I heard a lot about her and every one said we are so much alike.

We really do have a lot of similar things about us (despite she is WAY taller than me). Ryan even mixes our names up all the time.

Another cool this is Mary and I are birthday twins-November 29th. This was especially fun this year because Ryan and Mary came to visit over our birthday and we got to celebrate it together. The guys(Casey and Ryan) surprised us by taking us to a Denver Nuggets game- an amazing surprise for both of us to say the least.








Besides being a spectacular wife to Ryan, Mary is a mother of two adorable kids. Cash (soon to be 3) and Marley (1 1/2). She is a great mother and it's very obvious that she adores her kids a lot. Naturally every mother has a soft spot in her heart for her kids but Mary's is extra soft and extra large for her two little ones. Actually Mary's heart is huge for just about everyone in her life. She really cares about family relationships and she makes a point to make them a priority in her life.


I love Mary's smile and laughter...she smiles and laughs all the time and I love it! She is a very happy person and her happiness is contagious.


Before she had children she spent her time getting her real-estate license and selling homes. This is a perfect job for her and she even still finds time to do it on the side while raising her kids full time.




Mary loves the color purple. She loves horses and she loves sports -specifically volleyball right now as she plays on a team on Thursday nights and LOVES it! She also loves dogs and cars...she and Ryan share these interests and it's funny to hear them talk about them all the time.


Mary loves to shop and is always on the lookout for good deals. She is a deal finder that is for sure! She told me about the site Bradsdeals.com and its awesome...check it out if you haven't already!




I'm so grateful to have Mary in our family. She really brings a lot of light into our family and I'm grateful for that. I'm so happy that my brother picked such a good girl and that she went along with it...they really are perfect for each other!

2 comments: